The meeting will take place in the Miami Beach Resort & Spa, 4833 Collings Avenue, Miami Beach, Fl 33140.
A block of rooms has been reserved for conference participants at a discounted rate of appr. 165 US$ single/double occupancy, taxes included.
Friday 30 November and Saturday 1 December 2007
The objectives of the meeting were
- review the changing epidemiology of HAV and its impact on burden of disease and prevention strategies
- share country experiences and effectiveness of different hepatitis A vaccination strategies
- review diagnostic and surveillance issues
- assess and examine different outbreak control measures
- discuss the economics of universal hepatitis A vaccination in children compared to other health care interventions
- position HAV burden of disease and prevention options vis-à-vis other vaccine-preventable infections
- assess and discuss vaccine efficiency and long term immunogenicity data
- assess the future of global prevention and control of hepatitis A infection.
The target audience for this meeting includes Ministry of Health Representatives, Public Health Officers, Virologists, Hepatologists, Viral Hepatitis Experts, Infectious Disease Professionals, Paediatric Infectious Disease Specialists, Travel Doctors, etc.